In 2017, I was invited to join the team at Lanterns.buzz where the motto is "We're here to fix the machine". I'm in the process of writing my 33rd post representing the group Common Sense Constitutional Conservatives. Please visit and follow our page as well as joining our group if you agree with our mission:
Our mission is to build a nationwide conservative social media platform of grassroots American patriots that honor God which instills principled, value based, educational and useful information on today's complicated issues. We are lay American conservatives networking with other conservatives around the nation in an effort to combat socialism/progressivism.
In my last post, I wrote about Nancy Pelosi's out-of-touch response to President Trump's Paycheck Protection Program. I found the image created by Bobby Eberle to be perfectly appropriate to the situation. It wasn't the first time that Pelosi had been in my cross-hairs. In regard to the Democratic alternative to the Paycheck Program, Pelosi introduced a bill that further funded the Democratic mission to promote and fund abortion.
PolitiFact claims Pelosi spending bill didn’t fund abortion; March for Life sets them straight
In a recent message, Chuck Swindoll, Insight for Living, logged ten disturbing consequences that flow from postmodernism’s poisoned spring:
- No authority is valid. All opinions are right even if they contradict each other.
- No rules are valid. Make up your own rules. Do what works for you.
- Style is more important than substance. Appearance confirms truth. No need to test authenticity.
- Morality is a matter of choice. Do what’s right for you. Right and wrong are relative to person, circumstance, and culture.
- Tolerance is the cardinal virtue. You should be open to and accepting of everyone’s opinions or practices.
- Words have no inherent meaning. Words mean what you want them to mean. Truth has no influence on the terms we use.
- Western culture is oppressive. Objective truth, logic, democracy, inalienable rights—all should be tossed out of our vocabulary and practice.
- The line between truth and entertainment is removed. Movies and media offer truth as valid as the Bible.
- Images and fantasy reflect reality. What you find in video games and novels is just as real as the world we live in. Go ahead and take counsel from them.
- What you believe is right. Ground your convictions in what you feel and imagine to be right.1
Following are some recent examples of the first two points on the validity of authority/rules:
- According to the Washington Post - June 3, 2020: On Monday night, as federal law enforcement officers fired rubber bullets and chemical gas at protesters outside the White House, President Trump stood in the Rose Garden and issued a threat. If the nation’s governors don’t call up National Guard troops to “dominate the streets,” Trump said, “I will deploy the United States military and quickly solve the problem for them.” After Trump made the threat, three words began trending on Twitter: the Insurrection Act.
- According to Compelling Truth: Situational ethics depends on a bendable and changing definition of right and wrong. What once was right is now wrong, and what once was wrong is now right. These ideas are subject to change based on our personal current determinations.
The rest of the points are self-evident.
We're constantly confronted with the term "fake news" in regard to the offerings on many networks. Opinions used to be editorials and the news was the reporting of the five facts (i.e. who, what, when, where, why) with little political content or interpretation. Depending on the source, a situation will now be described in one place as positive and in another as negative. This is especially true if politics enter the discussion.
Let's consider the current situation following the George Floyd arrest/murder. This situation resulted in the riots described above in some places as protests and above as insurrection. The results were more tragic than one could imagine as innocent children were killed in the name of George Floyd. I'm not implying that public response was not warranted, but the violence that we witnessed was not balanced and has done little to right the situation or even to suggest a logical remedy.
In my blog, Abolitionist Arise, I embed articles and add links from LifeNews and LifeSite and other information mentioned in the posts or related material with my mission in mind: the abolition of abortion. In the discussion of Black Lives Matter, I've shared information about the origin of Planned Parenthood which was created by Margaret Sanger, which Bradley Mattes, the President of Life Issues Institute, a national pro-life educational group, described: Margaret Sanger Wanted to “Exterminate” Black People. Planned Parenthood Calls Her a “True Visionary”. Mr. Mattes concluded his post:
More recently, Planned Parenthood’s flagship affiliate, the Margaret Sanger Health Center in Manhattan now sports a new name according to its website: the Manhattan Health Center of New York, complete with an added #BlackLivesMatter page.
Don’t be fooled by superficial window dressing. Planned Parenthood continues to harbor (as their own staff charge) “systemic racism.”
I will agree with Planned Parenthood's president on one point that was shared in Steven Ertelt's article regarding their endorsement of Joe Biden:
“This is literally a life and death election,” Alexis McGill Johnson, acting president of Planned Parenthood, told NPR about her group’s decision.
However, my reasoning agrees with Mr. Matte’s summation:
She’s right, but for the wrong reasons. For the 345,672 unborn babies Planned Parenthood killed in 2019 and the 60 million unborn children killed under Roe v. Wade since 1973, it is a life or death decision indeed.
I believe that the protests following George Floyd's death may have been an honest response to witnessing the murder recorded in the video. Whether it was hijacked for political reasons is a discussion for another time. An injustice was seen and responded to. I wondered at the time if people actually saw abortion/infanticide, would they respond or continue to ignore the ongoing carnage that has been legalized in America in the name of choice?
There are some upcoming events that I hope you will participate in to protest abortion and to pray for it to be abolished:
- Participate in 40 Days for Life | September 23 - November 1
- Join in The Return, a call for National Revival by Jonathan Cahn on September 26, 2020.
- JOIN US FOR THE NATIONAL MARCH FOR LIFE - Washington, D.C. | January 29, 2021 (State events may be announced)
- The image of the baby in the American flag was found in an article from Voices for Life. You can follow them as well to become a voice for the voiceless.
I believe that the list I shared above from Woodrow Kroll/Chuck Swindoll is evident in our society today more than ever. In watching the news (fake or real), I don't have any other suggestions that I believe will actually fix the machine except for a return to our roots which we recently celebrated on July 4th and resolve to pray for revival in America. If 7:14 from The Family Leader includes a guide, an app, and the ability to share this urgent need with others.
I'll continue to share what I believe is the real news here on Lanterns.buzz. I invite you to like and share Common Sense Constitutional Conservative and to participate in returning America to the United States that she was designed to be as we pledge allegiance to our flag.
Most of all, I ask you with all my heart to join us in praying for revival in America. Let it begin with me!
If 7:14... It is time from If 7:14 on Vimeo.
1Woodrow Kroll, Back to the Bible (Sisters, OR: Multnomah, 2000), 85–91, adapted by Insight for Living Ministries in the Searching the Scriptures study, “The Disturbing Realities of Our Times,” in Living Right in a Wrong World. Copyright © 2009, 2020 by Charles R. Swindoll, Inc. All rights reserved worldwide. Used by permission. www.insight.org.